The 15 best dividend stocks UK in 2023
Published on: 02/11/2021 | Modified on: 06/02/2023
Dividend stocks can provide a great opportunity to increase the income diversification of your portfolio, as select companies will give out a regular percentage of their earnings to loyal shareholders. This article explains how they work, the advantages and disadvantages they offer, and we provide a list of the best FTSE dividend stocks by yield (excluding special dividends) that are listed on the London Stock Exchange. This information is up to date as of February 2023.
Please note that past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- Dividends are a form of reward to shareholders for investing in the company
- They are most often paid on a quarterly basis, although some companies choose to issue monthly payouts
- Many of the top payouts come from the UK’s biggest companies within the energy, financial and consumer goods sectors
- With derivative trading, you won’t receive payouts as you don’t own the stock
- If you open buy or sell positions at an opportune moment through spread bets or CFDs, you may receive or pay a dividend adjustment depending if you are long or short, which should not have any positive or negative impact on your account value